Thursday, July 24, 2008

Shore Leave 30

I had a great time at Shore Leave 30.
It was my first time at this convention.
The science panels that I attended on Friday and Saturday were: Yoji Kondo's "Finding Exoplanets with Kepler", Lucy Albert's "Enjoying the Summer Night Sky", Ray Villard's "News from the Hubble Space Telescope", and the last half of Kirk Borne "The New U-Science: Putting "You" in the Science".
I missed Inge Heyer's panels because I was doing something elase at those times. However I did get to met her.
I got in some stargazing Friday and Saturday nights as well.
I saw my first Iridium flare, M13 and Jupiter with two bands of color and four of its Moons.
I met some members of the Westminster Astronomical Society Saturday night while stargazing.
I saw David Hawlett, George Takei, Malcolm McDowell, Jewel Staite, W. Morgan
Sheppard and Mark Sheppard.
I met some authors who write sci fi.

No comments: