Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Forensic Science

My first introduction to forensic science were Sherlock Homes movies and Jacob "Jack" Klugmen's television character Quincy, M.E.
I remember Style Weekly published an article on Patricia Cornwell with a photo of her and a VW Beatle with a personalized license plate.
The license plate had as much of the name Scarpettia as she could get on the plate.
I remember a family member suggesting one of her books, Cruel and Unusual, after meeting her while he worked a limousine job.
I read it and a few more of her Scarpetta series.
I went to some of her book signings.
I was there when the Commonwealth of Virginia Chief M.E. and Cornwell introduced a new section of exhibits, at the Science Museum of Virginia, based on biology.
I remember seeing her fly in by helicopter and land on the museum lawn that day.
She slipped off to a local book store to sign copies of her latest book and returned to the museum.
She also signed copies of her latest book at the museum the same day.
After she was done at the museum, she flew off in the helicopter.
I attended one or two events at the Virginia Institute of Forensic Science & Medicine, including her lecture on her book Portrait of a Killer.

I would like to wish Patricia Cornwell a very Happy Birthday!

No comments: