Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Michael Crichton's Next

I am reading Michael Crichton's book Next.
It is a good book.

I also read his book, The Andromeda Strain, and saw the movie The Andromeda Strain.
It is a great book and great movie, if you like germ outbreaks as a theme.
I read his book, The Terminal Man and saw the movie The Terminal Man.
It is a good book and good movie, if you like surgical behavior modification as a theme.
I read his book, Sphere, and saw the movie Sphere.
It is an interesting book and an interesting movie.
I like science fiction to hold up a mirror and reflect something back about humanity.
This movie and book does that in a literal way.

1 comment:

Jim said...

I also just finished read Michael Crichton's Next. I enjoyed it and found his critism of gene patents well made. He does ,however, misuse the term epigenetics on page 213. Epigentics refers to the immediate enviroment of the DNA within the cell.