Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Ravencon

Mike, Al, Nick, Andrew, and I attended Ravencon this past weekend. The writer guest of honor was C. S. Friedman, and the artist guest of honor was Stephen Hickman. I thought Stephen Hickman was particularly interesting -- he has won a Hugo award and done illustrations for works by Robert Heinlein and J. R.R. Tolkien. His presentation was well prepared and informative.
I enjoyed several of the panel discussions, particularly the ones on digital art and The Lord of the Rings. There were several others I would liked to have sat in on, but time did not permit. I feel that the panel discussions are the biggest attraction for me at Ravencon, because there is no other place in the area where one can hear discussions on these types of subjects.

1 comment:

MichaelWLewis said...

I attended two panel discussions.
One was on Battlestar Galactia and the other was a question and answer panel.
You ask the panel members a question and they answer it.
I asked a question about genre fiction.
I had read the April 2008 issue of Writer's Digest interview of Laurell K. Hamilton and the The Popular Fiction Report
by Michael J. Vaughn.
So I was interested to find out what to expect from writer's in genre fiction.