Saturday, May 3, 2008

Blade Runner The Final Cut

I heard an interview with director Ridley Scott on Fresh Air with Terry Gross.
He talked about redoing the movie Blade Runner.
You can read more about this story, 'Blade Runner' Director Ridley Scott, on NPR.
I started watching The Final Cut this morning.
After listening to this interview, I found Decker's comments to Tyrell about Rachael very interesting.
He asked Tyrell about how Rachael did not know that she is a android.
This is more than just a question about science.
This goes deeper into questions of existence.
I think therefore I am . . .
But what if I am a android?
does Rachael actually think thoughts like this as Tyrell says he suspects.
Or is Rachael as illusion of a human female portrayed by hardware and software?
Ridley Scott had some interesting things to say about Philip K. Dick, the writer of the story, Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?, that the movie is based on.

No comments: